Park your golf cart in chilly climate? Winterizing your golf cart is essential for those who retailer it and hope for a fast begin up within the spring. While the procedures are a bit totally different for a fuel vs. an electrical mannequin, it’s essential to clear it and attend to the gasoline supply and tires for greatest outcomes.
Before you Start Winterizing your Golf Cart
Cleaning your cart physique, battery terminal, and tires is essential to each keep the end and making it simpler to work on. Soap, water, and degreaser will clear away this 12 months’s dried sand, mud, grime, and dust. Pull up the seat to show the battery and clear the case with water, a mixture of baking soda and water, or battery acid neutralizer. Clean the battery terminals and guarantee that the cables on the battery are tight and in good condition.
Before beginning your winter preparations, it’s essential to first decide the place you’re going to retailer it. Indoor storage is greatest. If you don’t have any room in your storage, take into account renting a storage unit and towing the cart there. If leaving it outdoors is your solely selection, take away the rain curtain. Position the car in its winter vacation spot, as when you do the following steps, the cart will solely transfer for those who push it.
Steps in Winterizing a Gas-Powered Vehicle
For fuel powered carts, you must subsequent take away gasoline within the carburetor and gasoline tank to stop leftover gasoline from gumming up the works.
- Disconnect the gasoline line and run the engine till it quits.
- Drain the carburetor by loosening the drain screw on the backside after which tightening it once more.
- After eradicating the air filter, spray cylinder oil into the carburetor whereas working the starter, after which change the air filter and reattach the gasoline line.
- Seal the fuel tank to stop air from getting in by sticking a golf tee within the vent tube, and sealing the sides with duct tape.
- Disconnect the battery and spray the terminal with protector spray.
- Inflate the tires to 12 to 14 psi and safe the automobile from rolling with the blocks, with out participating the parking brake.
Protecting an Electric Vehicle
For electrical automobiles, clear the battery as described above, after which:
- Remove the battery caps to examine the water stage in every cell, and if obligatory, fill with them with distilled water.
- Coat the battery terminals with anti-corrosive gel to stop corrosion throughout storage.
- Fully cost the battery with a battery charger.
- Inflate the tires to 18 to twenty psi safe the automobile from rolling with blocks, however don’t interact the parking brake.
- Set the tow swap to impartial.
Final Storage Tips
The ultimate stage in getting your golf cart prepared for winter is to cowl it. A lightweight cowl will defend it from mud for those who retailer the car inside, whereas you want a heavier cowl if it’s important to depart the cart outdoors. As a results of your care to guard your car from winter harm, your preparation time to get the cart again on the hyperlinks shall be a lot shorter subsequent spring. Make winterizing your golf cart a precedence now to avoid wasting time then.